Wednesday, February 23, 2011

An Introductory Post

Hi!  Welcome to my new blog, "Life With A Mission".

I expect this blog to be a place to chronicle the adventure as I journey fully into adulthood.  I say "fully" because I believe teens should be responsible adults...but legally, they're not considered adults yet.  I'm excited to see what God has in store for me.  I want to live radically for Him! 

So what is my mission?  To glorify God and to fulfill the Great Comission.  To grow to know God more, to obey His Word, and to defend the faith against false teaching. 

This is much more multifacted than it may seem at first glance.  It involves using the skills He has given me such as writing.  It means standing up for the rights of unborn babies.  It means passionately spurring the body of Christ to reach the unreached by wisely using their resources, praying, and going.  And so much more. 

There's a myriad of options stretching out before me as I turn 18 this summer.  At times things can be confusing and even overwhelming as I leave the structure of 12 years worth of school (nearly all at home) and venture...not into a "traditional" college education...but into whatever plan God has for me.  I love watching bits of that plan become more clear. 

Won't you join me?

1 comment:

  1. Alyssa,
    I'm excited to see you move over to Blogspot. Certainly looking forward to reading more that you have already posted here!

    ReplyDelete