Friday, April 15, 2011

First Friday's Fave Five



Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.

My Fave Five for this week:

1. Receiving the Keys for Kids Devotional Booklet/Magazine (May/June Issue) with my devotional, "Mixed Up" published in it! :) 

2. My new prescription glasses with transition lenses.  They darken to become sunglasses when I'm out in the sun and lighten when I'm inside...it's like having two pairs of glasses in one!

3. My awesome aunt coming down today!  We all love her visits (and love her!).

4. Winning a $25 Amazon Gift Card from the Ultimate Blog Party.

5. Getting to review Radical Together by David Platt.  I'm not finished reading it yet but it's very good so far!

6 comments:

  1. Great 5! Looks like you had a good week.

    Congrats on getting published!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list :)! I'm so happy and excited for you and so proud of you! Your glasses are very cool, aren't they?

    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to FFF! Sounds as though you've had an exciting week!

    Congrats on being published! We used to get Keys for Kids, when my son was younger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to FFF! Radical is on my reading list and now there's a second book? I'm so far behind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alyssa and welcome to FFF! So glad you joined us.

    I've always wondered about those transitions sunglasses. I may have to consider them.

    Congratulations on being published. I am amazed at your profile and all your wonderful God honoring goals! Blessings to you as you pursue what God has for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy your new transition lenses! My brother got some of those last year and really liked them. My mom had just one complaint... they were the only glasses he had, and so when he would be in a photograph, his glasses would always appear so dark...LOL! They're really great though.

    I just love winning a giveaway now and then! A $25 gift card is lovely.
    Have a beautiful weekend!
    Blessings,
    ~ Tarissa
    http://InTheBookcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete