Saturday, April 23, 2011

Radical Together


Radical Together - David Platt
Radical Together: Unleashing the People of God for the Purpose of God. This book spurs the body of Christ to work together to reach the unreached people groups of the world with the Gospel. Did you know that there are over 6,000 unreached people groups? The author, David Platt, talks about the importance of reaching the unreached almost as much as I do. I love that!




"How can we in the church best unleash the people of God in the Spirit of God with the Word of God for the glory of God in the world?" (p. 136) That's a great question and this book will help you start to answer it for yourself. So will the Radical Experiment which was in the first Radical book and was mentioned in the Conclusion of this one. Information and resources to help you do the year long experiment are here: http://www.radicalexperiment.org/home.html.

Radical Together was a very encouraging read. The zeal for God and His Word and His glory is unmistakable. The passion for fulfilling the Great Commission and alleviating the suffering of millions is so refreshing. The stories of real people making a real difference because of their love for God is inspiring. I recommend this book for everyone!

May we pray, read God's Word, give sacrificially, and go so that those who have never heard the name of Jesus may hear a clear Gospel presentation and so that the needs of the impoverished will be met.

Let's live radically...together.

To read the first chapter of Radical Together, click here.  To purchase the book, go here or here.


~I received this book for free from Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing Group in exchange for my honest review.
.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you Alyssa....living radical....that's what I want...to live my life in ways that make a difference and shine His Light. Your faith touches me....I love your desire to be everything for His Kingdom.....Stay strong okay....In Him! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name is Sarah Bacon. I am a 15 year old Christian girl from Michigan and I found your blog from your post on Marissa Chester's blog. She's a friend of mine. I love your blog and am going to follow it now since it is so absolutely beautiful and heart-changing! My blog is http://shortiscute.blogspot.com/
    It's not much at all...just some rambling thoughts, but I am a little proud of it :) I hope and pray that you are blessed today by God.

    ReplyDelete