Saturday, June 25, 2011

My Support Letter

Since I was young, God has graciously given me a passion for reaching the unreached. At the age of 16, I began to have a strong desire to not only pray and give, but also to go and personally tell people about Jesus who had never before heard of Him. I asked the Lord for direction. There were so many unanswered questions. Where? When? With what organization?

These questions were answered in a totally unexpected way. I was looking through CD-roms from different mission organizations that we’d received through the Mission Connexion Northwest Conference. I came across the interactive CD from Operation Mobilization (OM) regarding their ship ministry. My family was familiar with the ministry of OM but I researched the ship ministry in particular. In the end, I realized that the Logos Hope was the answer to my prayers.

It's been wonderful to see how God has worked things out. The ship will be in Phuket, Thailand in August of this year! My mom was born and raised in Thailand and I’ve studied Thai as my second language in high school so this is perfect. The rest of my time onboard the Logos Hope will be in Malaysia.

I don't know if you're familiar with the Logos Hope or not. OM has a video series of the Logos Hope online: http://www.omships.org/shipshots/. In a nutshell, its mission is to bring knowledge, help and hope to the nations of the world. The Gospel is central to this. It is the most important knowledge, the greatest help, and the only true source of hope. Yet practical service is a huge part of the Logos Hope ministry as well. One of its main attractions that draws crowds of people is its book fair which contains over 7,000 different book titles. The Logos Hope is a unique ministry and I eagerly look forward to partnering with you to serve the Lord and others in this way.

I must raise $985 for the trip costs (required by OM for room & board on the ship) before July 3rd. Otherwise, I will not be able to go. However, that is not all. I also need approx. $1700 for airfare there and back. Including misc. expenses, I have to raise a total of around $3000.

Please consider a tax-deductible gift of $25, $50, $100, $200, or some other amount. You can donate online by clicking the following link and completing the online donation form (indicating me "Alyssa Melody Liljequist" as the OM Missionary and including my account number): https://usa.om.org/GiveOnline/. My account number is 8-11025054. Note: If you don't mind, please let me know if you decide to give and if so, how much, in order that I can keep track of how much more money I need to raise.

I also ask that you pray for me. Please pray for protection and provision for me. And please pray that I would honor Christ in everything I do and that I would act with wisdom, boldness, and love.

Soli Deo Gloria,
Alyssa Liljequist

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how God works out the answers to our prayers. Thank you for sharing. I pray everything will work out and have no doubt that it will.
    Blessings as you prepare to fulfill your dream.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete