Friday, June 24, 2011

Wrapping My Brain Around It

                                              Me, holding my acceptance letter

It's hard to believe. After 3 long months of waiting and waiting to hear, I was accepted by OM to serve onboard the Logos Hope!!! I had a lot of time before officially being accepted to consider what my first reaction might be. Dancing around the room? Screams of joy? Hopping up and down? Telling everyone as fast as I could?

No. My eyes watered with tears of joy and thankfulness. All I could think or say at first was Thank You, Lord! 

After a couple minutes soaking it in by myself, I went to tell my mom. She was so excited for me. I was so excited, too :)...I still am.

It was unreal. This is what I had been praying and hoping and dreaming would happen for months. And now it had happened! I'd clung to a belief that it would (hopefully) happen. But now it was real. I couldn't focus on anything else for the entire day.

Since then, I've had to stay in touch with the real world. Wrapping up school. Exercising. Planning my graduation/18th birthday party. Writing. And much more.

Of course, there's a lot of stuff to prepare before I can leave in August. (Can you believe it's less than 2 months away?!? I know. It's crazy. Crazy-good, that is.) Today I am going to get my two required innoculations. I am continuing to raise support. I also need to brush up on my Thai (and learn more!).

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so exciting! What an adventure and learning experience that will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! So where are you going to be going (and doing)? Very exciting news - thank you for sharing! =) Please keep us updated. ;)

    ReplyDelete