Monday, August 1, 2011

The Anticipation Builds...

I will board an airplane in just over 2 weeks!!! I'm nearly finished packing.

I do have an update to share. Due to a failed generator, the Logos Hope will be sailing straight to Malaysia for repairs. This means that the port of Phuket, Thailand was cancelled. I'm disappointed because my mom was born and raised in Thailand, my dad met her there on two short term missions trips, and I studied Thai as my second language in highschool...you could say that Thailand is in my blood ;). In short, I was really looking forward to visiting Thailand and I still definitely hope to someday.

For now, I look forward to seeing Malaysia and serving onboard the Logos Hope. I can hardly wait.

P.S. As I prepare to leave, I'm posting fun quizzes about OM's ship ministry on my Facebook wall. If you'd like to friend me, I'm "Alyssa Liljequist" and my avatar is of me in a tree :).

2 comments:

  1. How exciting for you! I just know that this trip is going to be so full of new experiences and adventures! I can't wait to hear all about it! Will you be able to continue blogging while you are onboard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this sounds like fun! I look forward to all the updates!

    ReplyDelete