Thursday, April 12, 2012

Book Review: Faithgirlz! Bible

NIV Faithgirlz! Bible, Revised Edition  -     
        By: Nancy Rue


I enjoyed having the opportunity to review the revised edition of the NIV Faithgirlz! Bible. Obviously, I am not reviewing the Bible itself but the special features that make this edition of the Bible for tween girls unique. First of all, it is created especially for 9-12 year-old girls. However, I’m 18 and I like it! The Book Introductions (the who, what, when, where of each book of the Bible) and Treasure This! (Bible verses that are great for memorizing) are both helpful. One of my favorite features, though, is Dream Girl. I wish it appeared in every single book of the Bible but it does show up in a lot of them. Maybe it’s because it reminds me of Nancy Rue’s Sophie books. Maybe it’s because I love her writing style. Or maybe it’s because it helps girls (even grown-up girls :)) to imagine themselves within the Bible story that makes this feature so amazing. Is There a Little (Eve, Ruth, Isaiah) in You? is another cool feature. It helps us see what we have in common with common (and not-so-common) Bible characters. I like that she includes “good” people and “bad” people. We have good traits and bad traits in all of us! Oh, I Get It! points out why something is important or helps to answer questions that girls may have such as “Why did the Israelites want a human king when they had God?” or “Isn’t it just human to complain?”. Bring It On! reminds me of the fun quizzes in magazines…except that these mini quizzes lead you straight to Bible verses! Finally, In Your Own Words allows girls to recap a Bible story in their own words. Overall, I think the NIV Faithgirlz! Bible is wonderful!

~I received this Faithgirlz Bible! free from The B&B Media Group in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment