Thursday, May 31, 2012

Book Review: Seal of God by Chad Williams with David Thomas



I loved Seal of God! I normally don't enjoy reading non-fiction that much but I really enjoyed this memoir. The writing style is great and easy to read. I am fascinated by military training techniques and particularly liked the descriptions of Navy SEAL training. I am so thankful that the SEALS are on our side. Seal of God is a compelling true story. Chad's experiences are related in a page-turning way. This is a wonderful book for those who love our military and God. I definitely recommend this book! I don't even have anything negative to say about it.

I would like to share a passage from the book that I totally agree with. I have felt the same frustration (although I can't imagine the degree to which he must feel it having actually been there and having fought for our country).

Chapter 13, page 251. "It still frustrates me today to hear someone say that we were only in Iraq to fight for oil money or that we were not there to fight for freedom. People who have not been in Iraq and other areas where we are presently involved in conflicts may find it difficult to grasp that there is real evil there. It is palpable--you can feel its presence. We were there to fight for the freedom of those who live under this blanket of oppression.

There are powerful forces in those places, forces that hate Israel and the United States. I have stood face-to-face with people who wanted to cut off my head for no other reason than that I was an American. They see America as a "satan" and they are willing to do anything to bring our country down...including attempting to bring that hatred into our homeland.

Sometimes I wish I could load up a plane full of people who don't believe that we were there to fight evil and take them to Iraq. I would walk them out onto a street where Americans have been killed fighting for freedom, let them sense the evil, and ask if they would have us walk away and leave this country--and ours--unprotected."

~I received this book for free from the Tyndale Blog Network in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment