Saturday, August 4, 2012

Book Review: Answers Book 4 Teens Vol 1



The Answers Book 4 Teens Vol 1 by Bodie Hodge, Tommy Mitchell, with Ken Ham answers questions that teens may wrestle with. These range from "Who has the most evidence - creationists or evolutionists?" to "Come on, why would God punish the whole world for one guy's mistake?" to "Why would God ever want to save someone as messed up as me?". Throughout the book, there are colorful drawings and pictures.

In the introduction, they give definitions for 16 words including "atheism", "secular humanism", and "creationists". This book could be a helpful resource for teens who are not believers or for new teen believers. For those who have read through the Bible, studied apologetics, etc., I doubt you will learn much from this book.

I was also really surprised that this thin book (95 pages--with illustrations) has a retail price of $14.99. I think it is overpriced. There are better apologetics books out there. However, if you're looking for a quick read, this isn't a bad choice (though I'd recommend trying to buy it on sale).

~I received this book for free from New Leaf Publishing Group in exchange for my honest review.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your honest thoughts on this book. I had seen it and wondered about it. Hope you have a lovely weekend! :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my review and leaving a comment. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, too!

      Delete