Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Book Review: Unglued Devotional by Lysa Terkeurst

 


The Unglued Devotional: 60 Days of Imperfect Progress by Lysa Terkeurst is a companion to her bestselling book, Unglued. I have not read Unglued but I don't think you need to read it to understand the devotional. The devotional's purpose is to help keep women from becoming emotionally unglued. The author tries to encourage women to refrain from stuffing their emotions or exploding. Each day begins with a Bible verse and "Thought for the Day" then progresses to whatever she has to say for the day (a.k.a. the devotion) and it ends with a prayer. My favorite part was the personal stories. Some that had to do with being a wife and mom didn't directly apply to me but were still fun to read. I like that each day is short and easy to read. I read through the book in way less than 60 days. The Unglued Devotional is different than most devotionals in that the emphasis is on how not to become unglued in your life rather than learning more about the attributes of God or a specific book of the Bible.

~I received this book for free from Thomas Nelson/Booksneeze in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment