Saturday, September 14, 2013

Review: NIV College Bible


I was excited to get the chance to review the NIV College Devotional Bible. I'm leaving for college this month and taking this with me!

Its features include:
222 school-year devotions with daily insights on and applications to relevant topics
Devotions use a unique storytelling approach to connect God's Word with your real-life questions, struggles, and decisions as a student
Subject index for looking up topics of interest
Etc.

In the back, there are different reading plans including: One Year Through The Bible, 60-Day Overview Of The Bible, 30 Days For Beginning Your Walk With Christ, 30 Days With Jesus, 20 Not-So-Famous Bible Stories, 30 Days With Paul, 30 Days Of Promises, 30 Days Of Leadership, 30 Days Of Knowing God, and 30 Stories Of Great Faith.

I personally miss the 1984 NIV version because I memorized lots of verses from it and the new version doesn't sound the same. But I still plan to take this College Bible with me because of its interesting devotionals that I can read throughout the school year.

Obviously, I'm not reviewing the Bible itself, I'm simply reviewing the version/extra features. I give the NIV College Devotional Bible four stars.

~I received a copy of this Bible for free through Booksneeze/Thomas Nelson in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment